The Northern California Peace Officers Association (NCPOA) was founded in 1934 and is comprised of over three hundred and sixty active and retired law enforcement members. The NCPOA is dedicated to improving communications within the criminal justice system and has presented over two hundred scholarships to deserving criminal justice students from California State University, Sacramento.
NCPOA members assemble the 3rd Thursday of each month (except July/August) for a luncheon meeting hosted by agencies in the Sacramento Region, Biannually, scholarships are awarded to deserving criminal justice students. These awards are scheduled for the November meeting in West Sacramento and the the March meeting in Elk Grove, The NCPOA is a tax exempt organiation as defined by Section 501 (C) (7) by the IRS.
FORMAL GOALS OF NCPOA
- To enhance recruitment of well qualified candidates into the law enforcement profession by providing scholarships on a regular basis to criminal justice students.
- To advance the art and science of police administration.
- To secure cooperation and coordination in all law enforcement matters.
- To achieve the adherence of all peace officers to the highest professional standards of conduct.
- To improve communications within the criminal justice system in the Northern region of California.